22.7.10

Fred Farrow





photos by Peter Stigter

Another one of my favorite graduate designers of 2010. Fred Farrow. So the name was obvious but I didn't know who Fred Farrow really was. But for some reason I did. Cause the face that belongs to the name was from the guy who was sitting next to a teacher during my intake for the art academy ArtEZ. The guy from my intake was a really nice guy who actually showed interest in me. Looked at my drawings, asked questions and even asked me how I knew so much about the latest fashion. So I told him I had a blog with a girl I met during my old internship. He asked me to write it down on a piece of paper and so I did.

So back to the collection. Fred Farrow won the Frans Molenaar Couture Awards and starts working as a designer for Balmain in Paris after his graduation. The white fur embroidered jacket is my favorite. Also the loose fabrics that look like someone spoiled colored ink on the garments to create a perfect, almost magical feel. Great eye for detail and I love the styling. The models we're walking and I knew it. Yes that's from the intake guy. He may not remember me now but a piece of me believes he was part of the reason I got accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment


©2010 CHARITY & BEES. || CREATED BY THE KID'R